The trustees of Hedgehog Helpline would like to thank the family and friends of the late Mrs Mary Gillard for a donation of £337.
Mary, from St Cadocs, Pontypool, passed away on the 5th July had requested that any donations at her funeral service should be given to Hedgehog Helpline.
Mary loved all animals and birds, but hedgehogs had a special place in her life.
Fundraising is not always about monies – much of our money goes on essential everyday items in the care of our hedgehogs. Of course, if you wish to donate in this way, please may we draw your attention to our Donate button on the right hand side which is a link through PayPal for safe, online transfers.
All items are gratefully received and alternative ways of giving are listed below.
Groups/ Schools or Colleges
- Run a hedgehog awareness day/week/month
- Use our posters
- Carry out your own research
- Have a Hoggie Box collection for us. This is a shoe box idea, where you and a group of children or colleagues can each make up a Hoggie Box. We’d love to hear from you if you’re doing this, email in and we’ll arrange getting the boxes to us to distribute to our volunteer carers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate equipment
- Clean and good quality critterpens or indoor rabbit hutches
- Outdoor runs
Carers at a training session
- Other ideas
- Make a hedgehog cake and sell it £1 per slice
There are a few hedgehog cakes online, here is one, chocolate hedgehog cake
- Knit some hedgehogs and sell them. This rather lovely idea from Nottingham Wildlife Trust looks fantastic. Should you knit one, please do send us in a photograph.
[embeddoc url=”http://hedgehoghelplinecymru.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/hedgehog_knitting_pattern_image-1.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google”]